Gudrun Zomerland, MFT, CCPS
and Family Therapist
405 Chinn Street
Santa Rosa, CA 95404
Printer friendly version
Co-Dependent Characteristics and Patterns
Gudrun Zomerland, MFT
Source: Co-Dependent Anonymous
- I have difficulty identifying what I feel.
- I have difficulty expressing my feelings.
- I tend to minimize, alter or even deny how I feel.
- I have difficulty speaking what's on my mind.
- I keep things to myself.
- I have difficulty forming and/or maintaining healthy relationships.
- I worry about how other people might respond to my feelings.
- I worry about what other people think of me.
- Other people's actions and attitudes often determine how I respond or act.
- I assume responsibility for other people's feelings and/or behaviors.
- I tend to put other people's wants and needs before my own.
- I am loyal and stay in relationships even when they are harmful.
- My fear of other people's anger determines what I say or do.
- I question or ignore my values in order to stay connected with another person.
- I value other people's opinions more than my own.
- I have difficulty saying "no".
- I am afraid of rejection.
- I am afraid of getting hurt.
- I am afraid I might hurt other people's feelings.
- I have difficulty making decisions.
- I need to feel needed in order to be OK.
- I don't think asking for help is OK.
- I am hard on myself.
- My self-esteem depends on outer circumstances or people.
- I have higher expectations of myself than other people.
- I don't allow other people to make mistakes.
- I usually know what other people should do to solve their problems.
- I can't tolerate the sense of disappointing others.
- I feel quite upset when I make a mistake.
- I am perfectionistic.
- I have difficulty seeing goods things about myself.
- I have difficulty accepting compliments.
- I tend to judge everything I think, say or do harshly.
- Nothing I do is ever good enough.
- Loving myself would be selfish.
back to Gudrun Zomerland
©2005-2015 Gudrun Zomerland, Chinn Street Counseling Center; all rights reserved.